Since members of St. Thomas Church founded our original store in Coeur d’Alene decades ago, St. Vincent de Paul has not only been an inexpensive shopping alternative for those in need, but we’ve also been the place to get a great deal while making our community a better place to live.
Items donated to both of our stores not only allow us to give away more than $50,000 each year in quality goods to low-income community members, but proceeds from sales of these items has given us the opportunity to start and help support two emergency shelters, four transitional housing facilities, and other housing and outreach programs for the homeless – all while providing jobs to more than 70 part-time and full-time employees. By donating your quality used goods to us, you are helping us provide many of these social service and housing programs as well as helping us keep usable items out of the community landfill and out of our environment!
And, we also do pick-ups with a smile! You may call our main office (208-416-4699) to schedule a pick up for your donated items or simply drop off your quality donations at one of our two locations:
Did you know...
Our Average costs for services...
- $1.00 for a warm meal in our dining hall.
- $15.00 for a warm, dry bed night in one of our shelters.
- $25.00 for a family to be together in their own warm, dry bed at night in our Transitional Housing
- $50.00 for a Home Visit from ICARE (ICARE Partners with Parents to build Stronger Families)
- $5.00 for a class at Art on the Edge (Art program for at risk children)
- $900 to stably house a family through HPRP (Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program)
- $50.00 for First Impressions Class (Help someone get clothing for Interviews/Jobs)
- $15 - $25 for Parenting Classes